Upon your arrival please proceed to the 4th Floor, Suite 4000.
The L’Enfant Plaza Metro Station serves the Blue/Orange/Silver/Green/Yellow lines and has direct indoor access to the IMLS office. Transfers from the Red Line can be taken at either Metro Center, Gallery Place/Chinatown, or Fort Totten. Visit Metro for an interactive map.
- Upon exiting your train, follow signs that say “L’Enfant Plaza, D & 9th streets.” The correct exit has a picture of a dog in an astronaut suit with a white background. Do not take the exit that has a waving dog in an astronaut suit with a black background.
- Take the escalators to the top. (There will be a Starbucks on your right.)
- Go straight through the glass doors into the food court.
- Take a right (at the Roti) and continue to follow signs for the 955 building.
- Take another right (at the California Tortilla) and proceed down the hallway. You will pass a dentist office on the left.
- Take the elevators on the right to the fourth floor, or the stairs on the left to the 1st floor, and then the elevator to the fourth floor.
The most direct way to our office from the National Mall is to take either 7th Street SW or 10th Street SW. You can also walk to our office from nearby hotels.